SGP 2012

Travel to Tallinn

By Air

You can fly to Tallinn from all major European cities with Estonian Air, Finnair, SAS, KLM, Lufthansa, Air Baltic and several other carriers. Tallinn airport is approximately 3 km from the Old Town and Tallinn city centre, which can easily be reached by taxi or bus

By Sea

Ferries link Tallinn to Helsinki and Stockholm, as well as Russia and Germany. For more detailed information consult the Port of Tallinn schedule or

By Road

Tallinn is 300 km from Riga, Latvia on the Via Baltica, part of the E67 Highway that runs to Prague.

By Bus

There is a choice of international bus lines connecting Tallinn with Riga, Vilnius, St. Petersburg and many German and Scandinavian cities. For detailed information on bus connections please visit the homepage

By Rail

International overnight trains link Tallinn with St. Petersburg and Moscow. For detailed information on railway connections please visit the homepage


Estonia is a part of the Schengen visa area.
Nationals of EU and EEA member states are free to enter Estonia. The required travel document for entry is a national ID card or passport. Nationals of the following countries do not need visa to enter Estonia, and can stay for up to 90 days in any 6-month period: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Macao, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, USA, Uruguay, Venezuela. The required travel document for entry is a valid passport. Citizens of countries NOT mentioned above require a visa to enter Estonia.Visitors arriving in Estonia with visa must have a national passport valid at least 3 months after their planned departure from Estonia. Children aged 7 to 15 years must have their own passport when travelling to Estonia or, if they are registered in their parent's passport, must have their photo next to the name. Children under 7 years need not have a photo if they are registered in their parents' passports. Persons above 15 years must have a separate travel document with photo. For detailed information, please contact the nearest Estonian consulate or embassy, or check the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs' website

July 16-18, 2012
Tallinn University of Tech.